The state’s flagship institution of higher education, the University of Connecticut is governed by a board of trustees who are among the premier entrepreneurs, strategists, and educators in their respective fields.
President Philip E. Austin oversees a University system that includes 10 Schools and Colleges at its Storrs campus, separate Schools of Law and Social Work in Hartford, five regional campuses throughout the state, and the Schools of Medicine and Dental Medicine at the UConn Health Center in Farmington.
Philip E. Austin was appointed interim president of the University of Connecticut by UConn's Board of Trustees on May 21, 2010. His appointment took effect on June 11 and he will serve until UConn's 15th president is appointed following a nationwide search.
President’s Official Website
Provost & Executive Vice President
Peter J. Nicholls began his tenure as provost and executive vice president for academic affairs at the University of Connecticut in 2005. A native of Great Britain, his academic discipline is mathematics. He has published numerous scholarly articles and his research has been funded by grants from the National Science Foundation.
Provost's Official Website
Senior Vice Provost & Vice President for Research
Suman Singha is senior vice provost and vice president for research for the University of Connecticut. His research has focused on plant growth and developmental physiology and he has been recognized for teaching excellence. He was named an American Council on Education Fellow in 2000.
Research Administration Website
Vice President & Chief Financial Officer
Richard Gray is vice president and chief financial officer for the University of Connecticut.
A member of the Board of Directors of the Connecticut Forum, he has had a long career in public finance, commercial lending, health care financial management, and banking.
Vice President & Chief Financial Officer's Official Website
Vice President & Chief Operating Officer
Barry M. Feldman is vice president and chief operating officer for the University of Connecticut.
A veteran of the United States Air Force, he has researched and published in the areas of public entrepreneurship, taxpayer preferences and employee relations.
Chief Operating Officer's Official Website
Vice President for Enrollment Planning & Management
Lee H. Melvin is vice president for enrollment planning and management for the University of Connecticut. He began his UConn career in 2004 as director of undergraduate admissions. Lee brings over fifteen years of enrollment management experience at public flagship universities.
Enrollment Management Website
Vice President for Health Affairs
Cato T. Laurencin, M.D., Ph.D., is vice president for Health Affairs at the University of Connecticut and the seventh dean of the UConn School of Medicine.
A nationally prominent orthopaedic surgeon, bioengineering expert, administrator, and professor, he holds the Van Dusen Endowed Chair in Academic Medicine and is a professor in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery.
Vice President for Health Affairs' Official Website
Vice President for Human Resources & Payroll Services
Donna Munroe is vice president for human resources and payroll services for the University of Connecticut's 10,000-member workforce. Donna Munroe began her UConn tenure as Associate Vice President in 2004, bringing with her over twenty years of experience in human resources with both public and private universities.
Human Resources Website
Health Center Human Resources Website
Vice President for Student Affairs
John R. Saddlemire, Ed.D., is vice president for student affairs for the University of Connecticut. As Co-Director of the Higher Education and Student Affairs Master's Program in the Neag School of Education, he is committed to the preparation of aspiring student affairs professionals. John leads a team dedicated to creating an engaging out-of-class experience.
Student Affairs Website
- Nancy Bull Vice Provost for Academic Administration
- Doug Cooper Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education and Regional Campuses
- Brinley Franklin Vice Provost, Library Administrative Services
- Jeffrey Hathaway Director of Athletics
- David Gilbertson Associate Vice President & Chief Information Officer
- Dana McGee Associate Vice President for Diversity and Equity
- Rachel Rubin Executive Secretary to the Board of Trustees & Director of Compliance
- Ronald Schurin Chief of Staff to the President
- Ralph Urban Attorney General
- James Walter Associate Vice President for Communications
- Dana Wilder Assistant Vice Provost
- Gregory WeidemannCollege of Agriculture and Natural Resources
- P. Christopher EarleySchool of Business
- R. Lamont MacNeilSchool of Dental Medicine
- Thomas C. DeFrancoNeag School of Education
- Mun Y. ChoiSchool of Engineering
- David G. WoodsSchool of Fine Arts
- Lee AggisonGraduate School
- Jeremy TeitelbaumCollege of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Jeremy R. PaulSchool of Law
- Cato T. LaurencinSchool of Medicine
- Anne R. BavierSchool of Nursing
- Robert McCarthySchool of Pharmacy
- Salome RaheimSchool of Social Work
Basic information about the University of Connecticut
UConn's impact on Connecticut's economy
The University's founding and early years